Friday 4 March 2011

My Greek Feast


On Saturday morning, the sun popped it's elusive head through the clouds. My sister was staying, as was my best friend - so we made a trip to the West End. First we stopped at the Rutland Hotel for a breakfast, which I would strongly recommend not patronising. The food has been disappointing the two times I've been, and always takes far too long to arrive.

Next, to the farmer's market to buy some lamb mince from Reiver Farm to make dolmades. And after such a disappointing breakfast, we treated ourselves (not the sister) to a mulled cider from the
Thistly Cross and a sweet almond pastry from Valvona and Crolla.

It felt like Spring again - after such a long, cold winter. I always get a little carried away with the first signs of Spring and decide it's time to eat outdoors again - and it very much isn't. We made ourselves an indoor picnic, looking out over my view.

The first 'picnic' of the year consisted of spanakopita triangles, houmous, tzatizi, dolmades and falafel, and we spent the morning making it all.

Sadly, little sister had to leave to catch her train before she could share the feast - but we enjoyed it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment